Jason Shrouder-Henry, MD, MBA Board-Certified & Fellowship Trained Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Shoulder Surgeon
Dr. Jason Shrouder-Henry is a fellowship-trained Orthopedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity. He treats Orthopedic conditions in adults and children, offering a wide range of services, including fracture management, care for arthritis, and treatment for nerve compression. He received his Medical Doctorate from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC, and subsequently completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at University of Toronto.
He pursued a fellowship in Hand and Microvascular Surgery at the prestigious San Antonio Hand Center under the mentorship of Dr. David P. Green, which was then followed by a fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at the University of Toronto. Dr. Shrouder-Henry also accepted the Hirani Family Scholarship to attend Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management where he obtained an MBA with a specialization in Healthcare management, and strategy.
In his practice, Dr. Shrouder-Henry strives to return patients to the highest level of function through conservative care, and when appropriate, minimally invasive surgery for disorders of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. His primary research focus involves evaluation of the economic impact and healthcare utilization associated with fracture care for patients, private practices, and hospital systems.
He has served as a National Panelist at multiple Hand Surgery conferences including the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) and American Association of Hand Surgery (AAHS) National meetings covering topics including optimization of healthcare value and quality, patient education and automation of practice management. Through his research, Dr. Shrouder-Henry endeavors to improve healthcare delivery for his patients and optimize their outcomes.
He belongs to several professional organizations including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the American Association for Hand Surgery and the Canadian Orthopaedic Association.
When he is away from the OR and clinic, Dr. Shrouder-Henry enjoys spending time with his wife and young family.
- Fellowship, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Texas at San Antonio, TX
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- MBA, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, IL
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Hand, Wrist & Microvascular Surgery
- Compression Neuropathy (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Complex fracture care of the Hand, Wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Arthritis of the Hand, Wrist & Elbow
- Arthroscopic Treatment for Wrist Ganglions, TFCC Tears, Rotator Cuff
- Tendon & Ligament Injury of the Hand, Wrist & Elbow
- Lateral Epicondylitis, Elbow Arthritis, Elbow Contractures (Stiff Elbows), Biceps Tendon Rupture
- Sport Related Injury of the Hand, Wrist & Elbow, Shoulder
- Arthritis of the Shoulder
- AC Joint Separation, Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff tear, Shoulder Impingement, Shoulder Dislocation
- Staff Physician, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist Medical Center La Grange, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association (COA)
TD Canada Trust Scholarship for Outstanding Community leadership (Full Tuition Scholarship for Undergraduate studies)
Click here to know more about Dr. Henry's Research & Publications